There are five basic tastes: bitter, salty, sour, sweet and umami(savory).
Yet there are many dishes that are sweet and sour, sweet and salty, there is no dish that has all the five tastes.
So I created a recipe that has all the tastes and named it “all-in-one sushi.”
- Prepare cooked sticky rice and season it with a hint of salt.
- Place small amount of rice in a container and apply pressure to condense it to produce even stickier texture.
- Peel off an orange and take a piece.
- Carefully remove the skin of the orange.
- Cut the condensed rice into the size of the orange piece.
- Place the orange on top of the rice.
- Add a hint of orange peel to add a texture and slight bitterness.
- Enjoy the natural sweetness from the gluten, saltiness from the sticky rice, sourness from the orange, and bitterness from the orange peel.